Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling the Burn Out

Well I haven`t posted in a while and I will admit it is because I am getting lazy.

Since Budapest we spent 4 nigths in Vienna and it was great. We got a great deal on a 4 star hotel for only $60 a night with a fab breakfast so it set the tone for a great time. I got to reconnect with an old friend from Highschool, actually an exchange student of a friend from highschool, Veronika, and she was so helpful and nice enough to take time off and show us around! Vienna was a beautiful city with lovely architecture, amazing baroque coffee houses with delicious pastries and tons of museums that we didn`t have time to see all of them and honestly we didn`t mind. There is only so many you can see in a day and we have spent a lot of time walking, most days from 10am till about 4pm on average. So now I am burnt out, we are in Prague now for 3 nights and had planned to travel slowly towards Paris for our return on March 18th but have decided to head to Paris and hang out for 3 or 4 nights and catch a flight out earlier.
I have come to the realization that I have a 2 month travel limit before I get antsy and lazy, it isn`t that I haven`t taken time to rest but that I am wanting to take lots of time to be lazy and I don`t really care about seeing the cities. So instead of bide our time expensively in Euro-land we have decided to save the dough and get back home to start our next adventure of checking out the East Coast and landing jobs.

3 comments:

Katy and Ken said...

Hi guys - There is a great little ice cream place immedialtly after you cross the charles bridge on the West side. We really liked the concerts in the old churches too-great accustics. I loved Prague - it must be nice in the winters with less tourists, as it was packed in the summer. If you are in Paris for a couple of days there is a cooking shop -Dehilleron's, you should see. It is the oldest cooks supply store in Paris. You might just happen to see a copper fish steamer with my name on it (not to big)- It is over in the Marias, behind Les Halle and St. Eustuse Church. enough detailed side trips...we will see your soon...xoxoxomom

Anonymous said...

hi ya'll. so nyou're feeling the burn? I totally understand. It's inevitable when you're covering so much ground this quickly. So did you like Prague? Mom and I adored it. and how is Paris going? Nat have you been there before? Paris is ffuuunnn. Well i can't wait to see both of you and swap tails, so happy trails until then! xo zoe

Katy and Ken said...

Hi- I don't know if you are still in Paris but if you have not gone walking - the address of E. Dehillerin is 18 Et 20, rue Coquilliere. Just in case you get to it.. and actually it is mre behind the Louve, I must have taken the long walk through the neighborhoods. Hope you are veging and having funnnn. XOXO